Minutes taken by Lisa Walter
- Concerns regarding paraprofessionals/aides leaving students unattended, being assigned duties/responsibilities that take them away from their assigned student (such as running a station at Field Day)
- What training do these aides receive? Are they required to read/sign-off on the student’s IEP?
- Who do they report to? How can parents meet their child’s aid? (Open House?)
- What type(s) of ongoing training are available to staff members regarding students with IEPs and related issues (OT, ABA related , etc.)
- Education Foundation Grants – Get the word out that these are readily available for teachers – perhaps to acquire alternative seating options, etc.
- IEP software – Is it outdated? Is there something available that might be more reader friendly and individualized for students (not just generic drop down menu items)
- Is there a need for updating, but funds are an issue? Is this something we could organize a fundraiser for?
- Meeting at Panera – could be a FERPA violation; perhaps it would be better to meet at the HS; also, we discussed having our meetings from 7-8:30 but would it be possible for a district representative to be present for part of the meeting? We discussed having them attend for the last half hour; personally speaking, I think that might be a bit presumptuous to ask a staff member to wait around until 8:00, so it might be more feasible for them to attend the first half hour?
- Clarification of what happens (chain of command, I guess) with our concerns?
- Emily B. received a $1,000.00 grant from the Kiwanis Club to spruce up the Harrison Learning Garden; she is looking for a Scout troop or other group that might want to take this on as an ongoing project (fall cleanup/spring cleanup and planting, etc.) Emily already has several contacts in place to supply plants, etc. but would like someone to coordinate the project; she has some great ideas for sensory activities/features that could be included as well.
- Lisa will attend the next Washington Home and School meeting to promote the SEPAG.