June 18, 2020
Workshop activity on All About Me books
SEPAG Liaisons Report:
Meeting with JA – June 4, 2020
- Aides: The behaviorist has been training the aides in a variety of topics. (Danielle send to me)
- Sign off of services (waiver) was more tech related – all students were entitled to services during remote learning
- Asked about time limits to services being less than what’s in their IEPs. JA+Krista said it was left up to therapists to decide on times/how many minutes. SEPAG reps disputed accuracy of that – students were not getting their proper times and JA+Krista was not aware of that. JA+K couldn’t provide an answer to how these decisions were made
- CAN SEPAG HAVE THE DISTRICT LAY OUT BETTER GUIDELINES ON THIS FOR THERAPISTS IN THE FALL OR IN THE CASE OF ANOTHER DISASTER THAT RESULTS IN REMOTE LEARNING
- JA+K said that by law they couldn’t test during remote quarantine period.
- Stefanie Pagano provided some info that in-person evaluations should move forward this summer once they nail down the cleaning and safety protocols
- Note from a SEPAG acquaintance that face-to-face testing is supposed to start July 6.
- Compensatory Services: How are the teachers collecting data? Will have to be reviewed case by case.
- DM interpretation is the onus will be on parents to bring this to the school’s attention – MAYBE THE SEPAG CAN GET THE WORD OUT TO PARENTS TO ASK FOR COMPENSATORY SERVICES??? – Waiting for clarification from DM and CE
Forming a dyslexia action group to make this the year they implement a legitimate program
There’s no Special Ed curriculum provided.
Out of district kids should have access to everything in district kids are getting
YEARBOOK – HSAs for different schools don’t know to ask about kids who are out of district. Also, getting school pictures taken
Send out poll to parents over social media about remote learning in the fall. – MEET IN JULY