Caldwell/West Caldwell SEPAG meeting: 7/8/2020
Zoom meeting: 8:00 pm
7 in attendance
Topics discussed included the following:
- Remote learning:
- Concerns regarding content management through learning platforms (SeeSaw, Flipgrid)
- SEPAG Liaisons will meet with J Abramovich regarding concerns and possibly sending a questionnaire to Special Ed/504 parents to elicit information regarding challenges during March-June as well as concerns moving forward with remote learning in some capacity during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Communications with Special Education Director: concerns regarding delayed responses to questions/concerns sent by various members
- OPRA request (Open Public Records Act) SEPAG drafting a request for OPRA information regarding expenditures over last five years for legal fees pertaining to Special Education
- Specifically, under what terms is the legal reserve used?
- How much of the legal reserve has been used?
- Special Education self-analysis results: link shared for the results of this self-analysis; everyone is encouraged to read and comment by July 31st; Danielle will read over results and summarize to share with J Abramovich.
- Discussed broadening the reach of the SEPAG using additional social media platforms (ie Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Discussed the need for a dedicated representation of the SEPAG at all HSA meetings during the next school year
Meeting adjourned: 9:20 pm
Next meeting: Later this summer, date/time TBD